This WebQuest helps young teenagers understand:
- what obesity is;
- if they are genetically predisposed to obesity;
- how their "bad" eating habits can make them obese;
- how being obese affects the functioning of their bodies; and
- the prevalence and geographies of obesity in the United States.
This WebQuest is designed for 9th grade students to discover obesity personally, for teenagers in general, and
at a state and national level.
Students work collaboratively as they search for information on the Internet and apply it; then, students work
individually to "personalize" the information.
The products of the WebQuest include (1) an annotated bibliography complete with questions/answers and calculations,
(2) a food diary, and (3) a reflection paragraph. These products are to be created using Word and Excel and submitted as
attachements in a email to their teacher so that they may further their use of information technology.